1. My first Etsy purchase came from Alaiyna B. Designs who sells hand stamped personalized jewelry, wearable art jewelry and lampwork beads. I bought this necklace charm and had it personalized. On it I had my son's name, birth stats and dedication scripture hand stamped. I also included the birthstones of myself, my husband and my little man. I love it and get so many compliments on it. And of course I send them to Etsy when they ask about it! I am so happy with this purchase. A great gift for moms.
2. I purchases these Clean "In-Style" Cleaning Gloves as a birthday present for my mother in law. These oh so cute gloves come from Julie Meyer. When visiting the in laws one weekend my MIL busted out the boring yellow cleaning gloves. When I saw these I knew these would make the perfect gift and would maybe make her cleaning a little more enjoyable!! Julie Meyer also sells reusable lunch and snack bags, insulated grocery bags and all natural laundry soap. A place for great gift for those are trying to make and effort to be eco-friendly.
3. My little man started his Mother's Day Out program at our church. We needed a tote bag to carry all of his stuff and the diaper bag just wasn't big enough. I ordered this tote from Chrissy's Creations in royal blue (a favorite family color) and had his name and soccer ball (a favorite family sport) monogrammed on it. The tote fits extra diapers, a change of clothes, his nap mat, blanket, lovie and lunchbox. There is also room to tote his new art projects home! Chrissy's Creations also sells custom embroidery for aprons, very cute baby bloomers, bath sets, handkerchiefs, cosmetic bags amongst other things.
4. OK. So I went a little tote bag crazy. I purchased another tote bag from Ella Ba Della's. This tote was a small black tote with my little man's name on it with Ella Ba Della's custom appliques. We kept little man's name a secret so now I've gone crazy purchasing things with his name on it. She worked great with me as I got to pick out my own fabrics to create his name appliques. Ella Ba Della's specializes in custom appliques. Currently you can get 5 for just $12 she has a cute Turkey for Thanksgiving, bats, pumpkins and spiders for Halloween. Other cute appliques are turtle, dinosaur, high heel shoe, you name it she can do it for you.
5. YAY!! Finally something I can throw in the diaper bag or new tote bag. This was a custom wallet/pouch from Sewing and Stuff Too just to hold my necessities. One great thing about Etsy is that you can make requests for custom items and you name your own price then sellers bid on your request. I wanted a wallet (something in blue and paisley) for around $15 to hold my cell phone, the important plastics, lip gloss and a little cash. Sewing and Stuff Too sent me example fabrics and laid out how many pockets I would need. This was PERFECT!! She also has made cute iPod cases, diaper caddy, baby shoes and totes.
6. Now on to my favorite shops! The first shop runs in the family!! So of course it's one of my favorites. At one time I did have things for sale, but I've become side tracked. I'm hoping to get some of my projects up soon. I share 4 Crazy Ladies with my mother in law, sister in law and her twin sister. Our motto is "Crazy about Kids, Crazy about Family." Three of us are stay at home mom's and love to craft! We sell pillowcase dresses, pillowcase Jon Jon's for little boys, reversible pinafores, layette gowns, Baptism Gowns, monogrammed burp cloths and bloomers. Great for fall is create your own pillowcase dress. And I just love this Pottery Barn Pillowcase Dress. If I had a little girl, I would own it!
7. Another store in the family is Name That Thing your all things personalized store! Right now Name That Thing has a great variety of Halloween Tote Bags. She also has some very adorable Stuffed Animals that hold a baby blanket. Here you will also find tote bags, messenger bags, backpacks, garden flags, towels, desk caddies and other great finds!
8. I can't leave out my friends! Anna at Purty Girl Designs and I went to college and we had a couple of art classes together. She was the real artist I just took the classes to complete my electives. Anna helped me out a lot in class. She is so creative and has a very unique designs. This necklace is one of my favorite pieces she has done. Oh and I can't forget this necklace either!
9. Here is the work of a home town acquaintence. We did go to the same college, but different years. Anointed Art by Mo's Designs sells jewelry, hair clips, photography and painted works. I love this necklace. I might just have to purchase a whole new outfit to match it.
10. I just love Etsy! My list could continue beyond a top ten. When purchasing gifts please check out Etsy. You never know who you are supporting by purchasing their goods. It could be the starving artist, the college student having to pay their own way through, or a stay at home mom who is trying to contribute financially to her family.
I hope my post has not worn you out with all of the links! For more fun Top 10 lists check out Oh Amanda's Blog.