Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10 Things I Need to Do


It's my first "Top Ten Tuesday" blog! So I am going to share with you the top 10 things I need to do. Some of these things I have needed to do for a while. I am going to try not to fall over into the "want" category of things I want (that would be too easy!)
1. Pray for Trey and his family. As I do this throughout the day I would like for you to pray with me. Trey, 17, was in a very bad car wreck. Specific prayers needed at the moment are healing of the lungs and brain, and for his body to fight an infection. At the moment we are praising with hands held high that Trey does not need to be tubed to breath.
2. Get an oil change. I am a few miles over due. I plan on going tomorrow.
3. Get my car washed. While I'm getting my oil changed I might as well get my car washed. Sometimes I think I can let the rain wash off all of the grub, but really have you seen my car? I visited the in-laws last weekend and my car sat under a tree of birds. No need to explain anymore!
4. Get my hair cut! This is a major need and I promise it is not a want. I can't even tell you the last time I went to get my hair cut. I think it has been over a year. I don't want the "mommy" haircut, but I do need a style. My hair is ringlets, wavy and straight all at the same time. It just depends on what section of my head you are looking at. Anybody have any suggestions?
5. Need new recipes that are not casseroles. My hubby is tired of eating casseroles. I will take your suggestions as long as they are easy and 7 ingredients or less. Not much of a fan of cooking.
6. Clean my house - that is always and always will be on the list!
7. Get crackin' on my projects for my Etsy store. I've got all the supplies, but just can't seem to find the time or motivation to start. Let's just hope they sell.
8. Need a pedicure. Again, not a want. My toes look terrible and are in no condition to be sporting cute sandals. I will not allow my self to wear sandals or flip flops until I have had a pedi.
9. Need a date with hubby! Yes, we live under the same roof and see each other every day, but I still miss him. Hmmm.... I wonder where I will want to go eat. What I do know for sure is that we will hit up Marble Slab on the way home!
10. Give myself the chance to be successful. Another one that is always on the list. I have a really bad habit of failing myself before I even start a project or an event. I seem to always have great ideas, but they stay just that an idea.

Make sure you visit OhAmanda.com for much fun top 10 lists. Hope you will join me again next week for another list!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all good! And I definitely agree that the pedicure & haircut are not on a "want" side ... every girl NEEDs a haircut & sandal ready toes!!!

ohAmanda said...

Love #10. How insightful...I'm kinda the same way...

A Christian Mom said...

Will keep Trey in my prayers!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure that any of your list is a want! It sounds to me that they are all needs. Thanks for sharing about your friend.

Jessie Weaver said...

Oh my, do I need a pedicure and a haircut too!!! Maybe I could take an afternoon off and we could go together and let Adam watch the kiddos. :)

Jess